- Canyons School District Instructional Technology (IT) Department and Resources
- Albion Teacher Tech Info
- Albion Library Classroom Helps--Technology
Miscellaneous Resources | Staff Development | School Improvement | Grants and Funding
- Maps Maps, Driving Directions, or Real-Time Traffic
- Zip Codes
- Telephone Area Codes
- Windows Resources
- Macintosh Resources
- Computer Virus Info
- Computer Virus Alerts
- Computer Virus Myths
- World-wide Time
- Government Sites and Resources
- Census Bureau's FactFinder Retrieve facts and information about your community and regional economy.
- PuzzleMaker. Puzzlemaker is a puzzle generation tool for teachers, students and parents.Federal Resources: Miscellaneous Resources
- iMatrix.Create multimedia presentations using images, sounds, and movies available in iMatrix and from other digital sources.
- FCAT Home Page FCAT Preparation at Florida High School Online.
- Newsbank. Username and password: 17700
- Free Federal Resources for Education Excellence Resources for all sujects.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators A wealth of information.
- HotSheet.Com Create and personalize your own resource page.
- Teacher's Corner at Black Hole Gang
- Project EDGE K-12 Curriculum Integration
- Puzzlemaker allows you to created puzzles, mazes, and crosswords on your own word lists.
- Teacher's Resources
- General Teacher Resource page
- Websites4Teachers Free websites for teachers.
- K-12 Internet Resources Search Page Searchable database of web sites for Florida teachers.
- Teachers Helping Teachers
- Web Sites and Resources for Teachers
- Webquests in our Future The Teacher's Role in Cyberspace.
- Internet Glossary
- U.S. Department of Education
- Homework Central: Teachers' Resources
- Curricular Resouces and Networking Projects
- Discovery Channel-School Created by the Discovery Channel
- TeachNet.Org A teachers network sponsored by AT&T.
- Education World Resources for using the Internet in the classroom.
- Darrell Layfield's Bookmarks for Educators
- Cyberscout An internet service that will research for ideas to correlate with your curriculum.
- Teacher@Work>; A list of over 1,500 sites for teachers
- K-12 Education Ideas from Microsoft for integrating techonology into your curriculum.
- Education World Education World (tm) Search Engine. The surfing is over, here you will find links to all your education needs.
- Educational Clip Art
- The U.S. School PageResource Site for Educators
- OdysseyJoin over 1,000,000 students as they travel the world online.
- The Christa McAuliffe Fellowship Center
- The Academy E-pals School ListingA place where you can register your class and find other classes which are interested in conducting an email exchange.
- D.J.'s Links for Teachers
- The Apple Learning Interchange Online forums and chats; online projects; staff development courses; newsletters.
- Ask ERIC Virtual Library A personalized Internet-based service providing education information.
- Ask Experts Online Receive information from an expert in the field that you are researching
- Assessment Resources A collaboration of tools for teachers to assess thier students
- Aunt Annie Craft Page Takes the craft how-to book one step further by putting it on the computer and taking advantage of the flexibility that the computer offers.
- Busy Teachers' WebSite Provides teachers with direct source materials, lesson plans / classroom activities with a minimum of site-to-site linking.
- The Center for Learning Publications, resources, and services directed to the total educational experience - social, intellectual, and moral development of youth.
- Digital Education Network Teachers and parents can access timely content for classroom or home use, and introduce students directly to the Internet education experience.
- Education Profile Onlinefrom Australia. A way to quantify student, class, and school progress without giving up holistic processes and methods.
- Epals: Email Classroom Exchange Provides students witha teacher monitored opportunity to meet and correspond with other classrooms in 4 countries.
- Sites for Educators
- The Global Schoolhouse Focuses on using communications technologies to support learning.
- Information network of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (InSITE) Dedicated to exploring ways in which the Internet can benefit teacher education programs around the world.
- Instructional Technology Program at USF Provides leadership and support services to educational institutions; develops instructional materials and databases for telecommunications.
- K-12 Curriculum Resources Collaboration of learning resources grouped by subject.
- Keypal Sites Connect with students and teachers all over the world.
- Kids can learn on their own
- Wee Moose's Educational Resources Multipurpose page for teachers.
- Library of Congress Educational Resources
- The School Center Allows students, teachers, parents, and administrators to update internet content, take on-line tests, view school information, or participation in an on-line message exchange.
- Searching with The Online Educator Archive of educational links.
- Skewl Sites
- Stage Hand Puppets Design your own puppets.
- Teacher Center Tools for Math, Reading and Language Arts, and Social Studies teachers.
- Ultimate Collection of Newspapers(over 6000!)
- Teacher's Guide to the US Department of Education
- Teacher's Resource Guide Resource Collection for Online Instructors.
- Teachnet Collaboration of online resources.
- ThinkWave Software An email enabled gradebook.
- Welcome to TCM!Teacher-created materials.
- Welcome to Teacher Talk Forum
- Online Educational ResourcesCompiled by N.A.S.A.
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Macintosh Educator's Site
- The Internet Public Library
- The Nobel Foundation
- Smithsonian Education
- Learning Page of the Library of Congress
- Teacher Talk Home Page
- Newbery Classroom Home
- Children Now
- Online Educator: Welcome
- Numerous educational links organized by subject area
- Calif. St. Univ. Homepage Good resource for lesson plans and online activities.
- Lots of great resources for students and teachers.
- Informational web site that promotes awareness and use of software in Academia.
- Distance Learning for teachers in small rural school districts.
- List of class and individual Internet projects.
- Ideas of how teachers can use the Internet in the classroom.
- Homework Heaven Good all-purpose resource site.
- Freezone. Fun site with jokes, puzzles, e-pals, and the ability for kids to set up their own Web site.
- Exploratorium 10 Cool Sites
- Mighty Media's Teacher Talk
- Hotlist of K-12 Internet School Sites
- Busy Teachers Web
- T & L Online (Teach and Learn)
- Learn the 'Net on the Net
- Middle School Partnership. Assisting Middle Schools through Staff Development.
- 13/WNET Ideas and projects for on-line staff development. Membership is free.
- Improving America's Schools: A Newsletter on Issues in School Reform
- Pathways to School Improvement
- School Improvement Specialists
- The Collaborative School Improvement Program
- School Effectiveness and School Improvement
- School Improvement Resources
- National Assessment of Educational ProgressThe Nation's Report Card.
- Developing Educational Standards: Overview
- School Improvement CycleA project of the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory.
- Mid-Atlantic Eisenhower Consortium for Mathematics & Science Education
- School Grants and Opportunities.
- U.S. Dept. of Labor Employment and Training Adm.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Grants Information Center Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison
- Michigan Comet Virtual Library: Grants and Funding
- The Foundation Center: Gateway to Philantrophy on the WWW
- Grants Web
- Progressive Foundations Database
- Non-Profit Resources Catalog: Grants and Funding Sources
- The Grantsmanship Center
- Grants Meeting Place Page
- Nonprofit Charitable Organizations Information about Grant Proposal.
- Funding, Nonprofits, and Assistive Technology
- Links to grants and funding information
- Good grant search starting point.
- Pitsco's Launch to Grants and Funding
- Education WorldLists of grants and funding for teachers and students.
- US Dept. of Education's Grant site
- National Science Foundation's Grant and Award page
- Distance Learning Funding Sourcbook
- Information about educational technology grants and grantwriting.
- Has information and a good list of grant opportunities.
- The Carnegie Corporation Big educational grant organization.
- The Abbreviated Grant-Seekers Guide
- The "At a Glance to Grants"
- The George Lucas Education Foundation
- Current listing of funding opportunities. You can subscribe for a semi-weekly report.
- Computers 4 Kids Individuals and Organizations can donate computers that can be used by schools.
- Rural Challenge provides grants to rural schools striving for educational reform.
LESSON PLANS (Cross-Curricular)
- Free Federal Resources for Education Excellence Resources for all sujects.
- Education World.
- Beacon Learning Center Lesson plans, software evaluation, and staff development materials.
- ProTeacher!: Lesson plans for grades K-6
- Multi-Subject Lesson Plans
- Master Teacher Lesson Plan List Collection of Science and Mathematic lessons.
- HST Lesson Plan Writing Program
- NY Times Daily Lesson Plans by Topic All disciplines and levels.
- 21st Century Schoolhouse - K-12 Lesson Plans Index.
- Saundra Hart's K-12 Lesson Plans
- AskERIC Lesson Plans
- The Gateway to Educational Materials
Lesson plans, curriculum units and other education resources on the Internet!
- Lesson Plans Across the Curriculum. For K-12 teachers and students.
- Middle School Lesson Plans Sponsored by Apple Learning Interchange.
- Blue Web'n Learning Sites Library
Search for lessons by grade level and content.
- Television Series Companion Materials A collection of links to teaching materials developed by televsion networks.
- Lesson Plans Online
- Teacher Talk Forum: Lesson Plans
- THE K-12 Lesson Plan Page
- Busy Teachers' WebSite K-12 http://www.ceismc.gatech.edu/busyt
- Mrs. Donn's Lesson Plans Collection of Lesson Plans Across the Curriculum.
- The Learning Page Free Downloadable Worksheets and Lesson Plans.
- Encarta Lesson Collection: Schoolhouse
CURRICULUMScience | Math | Economics | Foreign Language | Language Arts | Social Studies
The Arts | Technology | Health/PE | E.S.E. | E.S.O.L.|Multicultural |Character Education | Interdisciplinary Studies
- Federal Resources: Science Links
- The Black Hole Gang Science activities and lesson plans.
- Energy: Outline of energy topics
- Sci 122 Introduction to Physical Science,:Newtonian Paradigm
- Amusement Park Physics
- Newton's Three Laws of Motion
- Exploring Leonardo
- Glaciers and other forces at work in Antarctica
- Biology4Kids! (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Growing Slime Mold
- Maps and Globes in the Virtual Classroom
- Making your own salt piece
- Student Acid Rain Activities
(SC.D.2.3.2 ) http://www.epa.gov/acidrain/student/student2.html
- WWW Worm Lesson
- Nine Planets
(SC.E.1.3.1 and SC.E.1.3.3 ) http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/nineplanets/nineplanets/nineplanets.html
- Mars Path ImagesColor pictures of Mars from Nasa.
- Space Science Education - SSDOO
- Virtual Tour of the Sun
- Cells Alive!Provides resources about cells of the immune system, bacteria, and parasites.
- It's the mad mad scientist network
- The Tree of Life
- Keep America Beautiful, Inc.
- Science Learning Network
- Lesson Plans: Grades 6-7 Science
- Lesson Plans: Grade 8 Science
- STC Sample Science Lessons Download and view lesson plans using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Collection of Science Lesson Plan links
- Thinking Fountain A to Z Science lessons from the Science Museum of Minnesota.
- BoulderValley Science Lesson Plans
- Hands-On Science Lesson Plans
- Lessons and Activities: Science A collection of science lesson plans.
- Newton's Apple: Teacher's Guide Complete collection of Teacher's Guides from season 9 through 15 is available by calling 1-800-588-NEWT.
- A Mystery of Space: STARS (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- ExploreScience.com (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Animal Information Database Sea World/Busch Gardens Animal Resources (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Introduction to the Scientific Method (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Biology4Kids! (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Newton's Apple Index Teachers' guides for the award-winning national science program.
- Federal Resources: Mathematics Links
- Ron MacKinnon's Educational Bookmarks. Nice collection of educational links.
- Interactive Educational Workbook Creates interactive math lessons up to grade 7 AND prints out worksheets.
- World-Wide Metric Conversion
- Scientific Notation for Big Numbers
- Kite Making
- Tantalizing Tesselations!!
- Totally Tesselated
- Tesselation Tutorial
- Lesson Plan on operating a lemonade stand
- Math in Daily Life -- Playing to Win
- A Teacher's Guide to Building an Icosahedron
(MA.C. 1.3.1) http://freeabel.geom.umn.edu/docs/education/build-icos/
- Origami/Joseph WuA great teacher resource for learning how to create origami art.
- Lesson Plans for problem solving
- Lesson Plans: Mathematicshttp://www.lessonplanspage.com/Math.htm
- Mathematics Curriculum: Grades 6-8 (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- A Mathematical Introduction To State Reports (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Web-based Interactive Stock Market Learning Project for K-12 (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Basics of Algebra (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Angles and Their Measures (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Area and Perimeter
- Federal Resources: Foreign Language Links
- AskERIC Lesson Plans: Foreign Language
- 200 Mini Lesson Plans
- Foreign Language Survival Skills
- French Lessons From Everywhere
- German Lesson Plans
- AskERIC Spanish lessons
- MayaQuest Spanish Lessons and Activities
- Paso Partners
Integrating Spanish Across the Curriculum.
- Foreign Language Resources On the WWW
- Lesson Plans on the Web Bilingual/ESL Activities.
- Federal Resources: Language Arts Links
- :AskERIC Lesson Plans: Lang. Arts
- Online Language Arts Activities
- World of Reading Where kids and books come together.
- Boulder Valley Lesson Plans Language Arts and Reading
- Sixth and Seventh Grade Language Arts Lesson Plans
- Eighth Grade Language Arts Lesson Plans
- Aesop's Fables: Online Exhibit (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- American Memory: Historical Collections for the National Digital Library (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Back from the FutureAn Lang. Arts activity in Archaelogy. (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Basic Grammar Review Using "Jabberwocky" (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- Book Review Forum (FL Sunshine Standards provided)
- ProTeacher: Reading and Lang. Arts lesson plans.
- Lesson Plans from The Teacher's DeskA collection of over 250 lesson ideas for Spelling, Writing, English, Reading, and Vocabulary activities. Grade Level: 6.
- Teacher's Guide for using WritingDEN in the classroom.
- Federal Resources: Social Studies
- FindLaw Constitutional Law Center,an educational resource site dedicated to the United States Constitution and the U.S Supreme Court.
- US Historical Documents
- From Revolution to Reconstruction A Hypertext project on US History
- Western Religions
- The Crusades and the Contributions of Islam
(SS.A.2.3.2 and SS.A.2.3.4) http://www.mrdowling.com/603mesopotamia.html
- Ships of the Ancient Greek
- Ancient Eygpt in the Virtual Classroom
- National Gallery of Art Has information about paintings and artists. This could also be used for Visual Arts.
- Conflicts in the Middle East
(SS.A.3.3.2 ) http://www.mrdowling.com/608conflicts.html
- The American Civil War Homepage
- National Women's History Project
(SS.A.4.3.3) National Women's History Project
- Constitution Day
(SS.A.4.3.3 and SS.A.4.3.4) http://www.nara.gov/education/teaching/constitution/home.html
- The Salem Witch Trials of 1692
- The Electric Ben Franklin
- The American Experience/Surviving the Dust Bowl
- St. Augustine's History
- Florida Department of State- Division of Historical Resources
- Red Rock Elementary School's Black History Links Dozens of excellent links to research Black Americans and Black History.
- Seminole Tribe- History, Where We Came From
- A Short History of Florida
- What do maps show?
- MapBlast Easy way to create a street map which can be e-mailed or included on a website.
- Flag and Countries Quiz A fun way to practise the English names of countries and learn some national flags. Five levels of difficulty. Note: Requires Java.
- Teacher's Guide to the Holocaust
- National Geographic A comprehensive multi-media site dealing with cultures & geographic locations.
(SS.B.1.3.4 and SS.B.2.3.2 ) http://www.nationalgeographic.com
- The Middle East and North Africa in the Virtual Classroom
- Florida CivicEd Interactive educational site on Florida government includes videos, games, teacher lesson plans, documents, and discussion board.
- Close-Up Foundation This is a organization that helps sets up local organizations within your area to do things such as participate in local government, community and volunterism activities.
- EcEdWebThis site provides a wide variety of economics lessons. They have assembled excellent lesson plans, activities, and quizzes.