Albion’s debate team competed in the championship district tournament on April 19 at Alta High School and we have some fantastic news to report!
Not only did Albion debaters win FIRST PLACE in 3 out of the 4 events, but we won the overall team champion award!
Extemporaneous Speaking – Out of 29 Competitors
- 2nd Place- Chase Elggren
- 4th Place- Luke Taylor
Lincoln-Douglas Debate – Out of 53 Debaters
- FIRST PLACE- Kaden Burleigh
- 4th Place- Fatima Zaidi
- 5th Place- Raunya Barakat
- 7th Place- Graff Linnebach
- 7th Place Speaker Award- Porter Eldredge
Policy Debate - Out of 56 Teams
- FIRST PLACE team- Maddie Azares and Paris Snider
- 2nd place team- Nathan Walker and Sam Clayton
- 9th Place Speaker Award- Cru Atkinson
Oratory Speaking – Out of 86 Competitors
- FIRST PLACE- Chaitrali Samant
Finally, there were two extra special awards given at the championship tournament. Porter Eldredge won Albion’s MVP award for being the debater with the most tournament wins and most debate honor’s society points over the last two years.
Chaitrali Samant won Albion’s Coach’s Choice award for being the debater who has put the most heart, soul, and work into debate over the last two years. Chaitrali also went on to receive the district-wide Coach’s Choice award.