Congratulations to Mrs. Perkins for being recognized as School Band and Orchestra Magazine’s “50 Directors Who Make a Difference” for 2018! One instrumental music teacher is selected per state every year to be spotlighted for their contributions to music education. Nominations come from colleagues, administrators, and former students to recognize music teachers who are making a difference in their school community.
Click here to read the online article.
Albion’s debate team received some exciting news last week! The National Speech and Debate Association has officially inducted the team into the NSDA’s prestigious “200 Club.” That means Albion is ranked among the top 10% of middle schools nationwide. According to a letter sent by the NSDA, “This milestone is remarkable because it demonstrates outstanding commitment to teaching students essential life skills—including communication, research, listening, writing, and organization.”
Albion debaters competed in the first tournament of the 2018-2019 school year on October 25 at Jordan High School. Their hard work certainly paid off. Albion won almost half of the 12 available first place trophies!
Varsity Policy Debate
- 2nd Place Team--Sam Clayton and Nathan Walker
- 4th Place Speaker Award--Cannon Warner
Novice Policy Debate
- 1st Place Team--Sandrine Mimche and Eelan Le Mon
- 5th Place Team--Jeremy Baker and Lance Gray
Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- 1st Place Speaker Award--Connor Johns
- 3rd Place Speaker Award--Porter Bach
- 5th Place--Alyssa Gillan
Novice Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- 1st Place Speaker Award--Harrison Jolley
Varsity Oratory Speaking
- 1st Place--Alex Carlyle
Varsity Extemporaneous Speaking
- 3rd Place--Myah Ingebritson
Novice Extemporaneous Speaking
- 1st Place--Reagan Manwaring
- 2nd Place--Abby Rasmussen
- 3rd Place--Teagan Kay