Tuesday 7:00-7:30 a.m.
Wednesday 3:00-3:30 p.m.
Thursday: 3:00-3:30 p.m.
Math Tutoring is free and is held in the library. See you there!
Math tutoring starts Tuesday, September 6th!
Tuesdays: 7:00 - 7:30 a.m. Olsen
Wednesdays: 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Kaier/Mumford
Thursdays: 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Colligan/Wachner
Math tutoring is funded by USTAR and by School Land Trust money
Book Club is held the third Tuesday of the month at 3:00 p.m. in the library.
2016-2017 Book Club Books
Book Club is held the 3rd Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. in the library.
The War That Saved My Life by
Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan
The Nest by Kenneth Oppel
The War That Saved My Life by
Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
The Leveller by Julia Durango
Lost in the Sun by Lisa Graff
Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
Texting the Underworld by Ellen Booraem
Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
(historical fiction, magical realism)
The Fixer by Jennifer Barnes(realistic fiction, adventure)
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library
The President Has Been Shot!: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Under the Egg
Counting by 7s
Sky Raiders: Five Kingdoms #1
One Came Home
Mississippi Trial, 1955
Boy on the Wooden Box
Shadow and Bone
Day of Tears
Lions of Little Rock
Okay for Now
Sean Griswold's Head
Charles and Emma
The False Prince
Out of the Dust
Morpheus Road: The Light
Anything But Typical
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow
Waiting For Normal
Love That Dog
Sea of Trolls
Searching For David’s Heart
The Graveyard Book
Red Moon at Sharpsburg
Seer of Shadows
The Wednesday Wars
The Golden Dreams of Carlo Chucio
Hattie Big Sky
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Pictures of Hollis Woods
Montmorency: Thief, Liar, Gentleman?
City of Ember
Eyes of the Emperor
Schwa Was Here
Island of the Blue Dolphins
A Break with Charity: a story about the Salem Witch Trials
Lord of the Nutcracker Men
Wait ‘Til Helen Comes
House of the Scorpion
What Child is This?
Hope was Here
When My Name Was Keoko
Once Upon a Marigold
Pendragon: The Merchant of Death
A Long Way from Chicago
The Thief Lord
Surviving the Applewhites
Dealing with Dragons
School Community Council Meeting
September 22, 2011
Attending: Roberto Jimenez, Jodi Roberts, Michelle Flynn, Nancy Tingey, Sarah Weaver, Connie Simons, Courtney Roberts, Marianne Bates. Excused: Joanne Ackerman.
- Minutes of the May 5, 2011, meeting were read and approved.
- Members of the School Community Council introduced themselves.
- Members watched the DVDs “Earning for Education” and “Touch the Future.”
- Jodi Roberts and Michelle Flynn were elected co-chairs of the SCC. Members of the council will take turns taking the meeting minutes. Sarah Weaver recorded the minutes for today’s meeting.
- Members gave information including email and phone numbers. E-mail or phone number of each member needs to be posted on the school website.
- Explain the new Common Core
- Tell how classes are realigned using the CC
- Discuss tutoring
- How many unique students using tutoring?
- How many repeat students?
- For students repeating continually, why?
- Is there a way to target students that really need help, but may not take advantage of tutoring
- Are the programs that are in place helping? What could be different?
- Math Aide
- Class that is being held 2 periods—effective? How does it work? Who teaches it? How were the students selected?
- Weight of backpacks for students traveling many times between Albion and Butler
- What will happen when it snows and students have to wear coats?
- Brookwood is having problems with the parents of Albion students being dropped off there. J. Roberts suggested that a police presence might be helpful. It was also suggested that an email or letter could be sent home to parents reminding them of the following:
- Parents should avoid cell phone use while driving
- Obey speed limit, no speeding
- Students should use crosswalks
- Parents should follow the elementary school’s traffic patterns and rules for school safety
- Other comments:
- CH Rec Center has complimented Albion students on their good behavior
- Next meeting is scheduled for October 27, 2011.