For our November Book Club we will be discussing
The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley.
This book is historical fiction and at various points will leave you feeling sad, angry, and then ultimately hopeful, empowered, and with a deeper understanding that family love conquers all--and sometimes family doesn't mean those you're related to.
This book is amazing!
Book Club will be November 15 at 3:00 in the Library. See you there!
We had a Rivalry Book Fair Contest at Albion Middle School during Parent/Teacher Conferences. Each time a student purchased a book, they put red chips or blue chips in their respective team's jar. The U of U of fans purchased the greatest number of books. Therefore Mrs. Olsen, Ms. Rees, and Mr. Jameson (all BYU Fans) had to dress up in Utah Red and sing the "Utah Man" fight song in front of the entire student body this past week. Was it painful? YES! Did they survive? Barely. = ) Thanks to all who made our school fundraiser a success.
Our Book Club Book for October is
The Nest by Kenneth Oppel.
This is an eerie story that teaches a compelling lesson about disability, fears, dreams, and ultimately, what it means to be a family.
Read the book before our meeting on October 18 at 3:00 in the Library. Hope to see you there!
- Tuesday 9/27 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-8 PM in the gym and cafeteria (open house format - no appointments needed)
- Wednesday 9/28 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7:30 PM in the gym and cafeteria (open house format - no appointments needed)
- Thursday 9/29 - Regular School Day
- Friday 9/30 - No School
Parent/Teacher Conference schedule for part-time teachers:
- Tuesday Night Only: Amy Buckley (Speech), Jackie Kinahan (6th Grade PE), Seth Crandall (Ceramics)
- Wednesday Night Only: Melanie Hogan (Spanish)