Albion's Debate Team was incredibly successful at the October 26 tournament at Mount Jordan Middle School. Keep in mind, only the top 20% of the hundreds of competitors are awarded a trophy.
Varsity Extemporaneous Speaking
- FIRST PLACE- Taylor Navarro
Novice Extemporaneous Speaking
- FIRST PLACE- Elizabeth Sheffield
- 4th- Jon Hyde
- 7th- Hanna Sasivarevic
Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- 2nd- Fatima Zaidi
- 2nd Place Speaker Award- Raunya Barakat
- 3rd Place Speaker Award- Logan Rolfson
Novice Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- FIRST PLACE- Kaden Burleigh
- 2nd Place Speaker Award- Enri Bagdagulov
- 3rd Place Speaker Award- Kai Campbell
- 5th- Matthew Telling
- 6th- Alyssa Gillan AND 5th Place Speaker Award
- 8th- Connor Johns
- 9th- Josh Pugh
Varsity Oratory Speaking
- 2nd Place- Chaitrali Samant
Novice Oratory Speaking
- 9th Place- Grant Smith
Varsity Policy Debate
- 4th Place- Maddie Azares and Paris Snider
Novice Policy Debate
- 4th Place- Chesney Chin and Cannon Warner
- 3rd Place Speaker Award- Logan Vandenberg
- 6th Place Speaker Award- Quinn Munger
Announcing: Albion's 2-mile Family Fun Run
Sponsored by the Albion PTSA
Thursday September 7th
Race Registration at 5:30 p.m.
Race begins at 6:00 p.m.
Prizes, food, and music! Run is free; bring $ for dinner!
This is a community event with music and food trucks. Everyone is invited!
The course has changed to a 2-mile route in the neighborhood directly south and east of school.
Part of the course will also be on the school’s grass field, finishing on the north lawn. Strollers plan accordingly.
Lots of Prizes!!!
Fliers are in the office. You can also register by putting your name, age or grade, and contact method on the back of the flier and turning it into the box in the office.
Food Trucks: Yoshi’s Asian Grill, Hokulia Shave Ice, and Pizza Cone
It is our privilege to welcome you and your student(s) to the 2017-18 school year!
Please note that Online Registration began August 3rd. Because online registration is not first-come, first-served, you won’t need to worry about being the first to log-in and register your child. Also, the time you register will not impact teacher or course selection for your child. However, it is recommended you complete the online registration process, pay any fees, and update immunization records at the school before August 16th so you have access to your student's class schedule when they are released.
- 8/3 Online Registration for All Students - You must use your parent login and password on Skyward in order to register your student. If you need any help logging into your Skyward account please call 801-826-5525 between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM.
- 8/16 Student Schedules (and locker assignments) will be released at 8 AM for students who have completed the registration process, paid all of their fees, and have all of their immunization records current with the school. Simply log into Skyward to view the schedule after 8 AM on the 16th.
- 8/22 6th Grade Orientation 7:50 - 11:55 AM - 6th Graders get to come to school a day earlier than the rest of the students so they have a chance to become familiar with the building, their teachers and classrooms, as well as learn the procedures and culture of Albion. All 6th grade students will begin the day in the kiva (the auditorium just inside main doors and to the right) at 7:50 AM. They will then attend all of their classes on a shortened schedule. Busing will be provided.
- 8/23 First Day of School for All Grades
- 8/24 Back-to-School Night 5-7:30 PM
- 8/25 First Late-Start Friday
- 8/31 Fall Picture Day
- 9/4 Labor Day - No School