Albion debaters competed in the second tournament of the year on January 10, 2019 at Jordan High School. Additionally, almost all of these winners qualified for the state debate tournament in May. Congratulations debaters!
(out of 78 competitors)
- FIRST Place Speaker Award- Calla Jordin
- 3rd Place (and won all his rounds)- Noah Martinez
- 5th Place Speaker Award- Porter Bach
- 9th Place (and won all her rounds)- Alyssa Gillan
- 11th Place (and won all her rounds)- Teagan Kay
- 16th Place (and won all his rounds)- Easton Ashworth
- 17th Place (and won all her rounds)- Dua Khan
(out of 98 competitors)
- 7th Place Speaker Award- Sam Clayton
- 8th Place Team (and won all their rounds)- Chesney Chin & Cannon Warner
(out of 37 competitors)
- 4th Place- Abby Rasmussen
- 6th Place- Reagan Manwaring
- 7th Place- Sarah Hart
(out of 91 competitors)
- FIRST Place- Alex Carlyle
- 14th Place- McKenna Jones
Albion Middle School’s production of Mary Poppins Jr. runs January 24, 25, 28, and 29. Tickets may be purchased here.
Please bring printed tickets to the doors the night of the performance. Doors open at 6:40; show starts at 7 PM. Please no flash photography or video recording. All proceeds go to producing Albion Middle School’s musicals.
Congratulations to Mrs. Perkins for being recognized as School Band and Orchestra Magazine’s “50 Directors Who Make a Difference” for 2018! One instrumental music teacher is selected per state every year to be spotlighted for their contributions to music education. Nominations come from colleagues, administrators, and former students to recognize music teachers who are making a difference in their school community.
Click here to read the online article.