Open Enrollment: This announcement is for parents of students who live outside Albion's boundaries and wish to have a student attend Albion beginning with the 2014-2015 school year.
- The Open Enrollment/Permit window begins on December 2, 2013 and ends February 21, 2014.
- We will begin accepting Open Enrollment/Permit Applications on Monday, December 2nd at 7:30 am in the Kiva. (Please note: we cannot accept any permits prior to 7:30 AM on Monday Dec. 2)
- Permit applications will be taken in order and time/date stamped.
- All applications must be completed before they can be stamped and accepted.
- All applications must have the boundary school listed. This information can be found by going to the school locator and bus eligibility link and entering your current address.
- Open Enrollment/Permit Applications are available in the Attendance Office at all Canyons District schools.
- Students who are currently attending Albion on a permit are NOT required to reapply unless they have left or are going to leave and then wish to return.
- Younger siblings of students who are currently attending Albion on permit ARE required to apply if they would like to attend Albion next year.
- Permits will be accepted according to the guidelines established by Utah State law, which takes into account the capacity of the building and programs as well as student behavior and attendance.
- Permits that are not approved due to space available will be placed on a waiting list.
- What qualifications do you believe an individual should have to be eligible for the position of Superintendent of Canyons School District?
- What personal characteristics would you like the new superintendent to possess?
- What leadership skills will the new superintendent need to have in order to make Canyons as effective as possible? (In your response please consider the following aspects: student education and employee & community responsiveness)
- What are the strengths of Canyons School District that would attract an individual to apply for the superintendent vacancy?
- What are the challenges and concerns of Canyons School District that the new superintendent will need to be prepared to address?
- What is the highlight or challenge of your school/community that you would like the candidates for superintendent to be aware of as they are being considered for the position?