Nominate your favorite teacher to become Albion's 2014 Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive prizes and recognitions at an April 22 Canyons Board of Education Reception and Honors Ceremony and take the field at halftime at the May 17 Real Salt Lake game. He or she also will have a chance to be selected as the District Teacher of the Year, receive additional prizes and recognitions, and be nominated for the Utah Teacher of the Year.
Here's how you can get involved:
1. Download the nomination form at www.canyonsdistrict.org.
2. Complete the form on why you think your nominee should be recognized. Criteria include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the Canyons District vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
3. Print and submit the form to Albion's office by Feb. 28. The School Selection Committee will consider nominees forwarded by the PTA and employees.
4. Watch for information on the March 28 Teacher of the Year surprise announcement at your school.
Canyons School District honors Teachers of the Year at every school. Winning teachers will be announced at school celebrations on March 28. The District Teacher of the Year will be announced by the Board of Education on April 22.
Here's a glimpse of the 2013 Canyons Teacher of the Year.
The Albion Counseling Department conducted two registration assemblies today (2/11/14) for the 2014-15 school year. Current 6th and 7th graders received information relating to the registration process as well as materials to take home and share with their parents. Students are required to return their signed, completed registration cards to their 2nd period teacher on Wednesday, February 19th. Download the respective PowerPoint presentations below for more information on the classes available for your student.
Both grades can click here for videos about our elective classes.
The Utah Science Teachers Association are giving Rick Krause, 6th grade science teacher at Albion, the Outstanding Elementary Science Teacher Award for his work on developing new curriculum for sixth-graders who transitioned to middle school this year. He is an “incredible teacher that engages his students in the quest of science,” his award letter says. Click here to read more.
Albion School Community Council Meeting Thursday, January 14th at 4 PM in the library.
- Vote on minutes from previous meeting
- SNAP (Safe Walking Route)
- Land Trust amendment
- PBIS data (tentative)
- Next meeting date Feb. 27, 2014