Albion is pleased to announce that Mrs. Lacee Larson, one of our seventh-grade Language Arts teachers, has been awarded the honor of Albion's Teacher of the Year. This award was chosen by our school's administration, faculty, parents, and students, and we could not be more proud that such incredible teachers represent our staff here at Albion!
To find out more about Mrs. Larson and this much-deserved award, click here.
We have great news from the championship debate tournament at Mount Jordan Middle School held on March 30. Not only did these students when trophies for being in the top 20 percent of the many debaters who competed, they all earned the honor of qualifying for the state debate tournament on April 20!
- 2nd Place (and won all his rounds!)- Porter Eldredge
- 4th Place (and won all her rounds!)- Fatima Zaidi
- 3rd Place Speaking Award and 8th Place Overall- Cameron Johns
- 2nd Place (and won first place in all her rounds!)- Raunya Barakat
- 4th Place- Chaitrali Samant
- 5th Place- Isabel Phillips
- Juseong Kang and Simon Lambrick also qualified for the state tournament.
- 4th Place- Raunya Barakat
- 5th Place- Fatima Zaidi
- 5th Place- Chase Elggren
- 8th Place Overall Team- Madelyn Azares and Paris Snider
- 8th Place Speaker Award- Madelyn Azares
There are also 2 special, extra awards given at the championship tournament every year:
- MVP Award (for the student who had the most success all year long)- Madelyn Azares
- Coach’s Award (for the student who put the most work and heart into debate even though they may not have had the most success)- Logan Rolfson
Albion’s MathCOUNTs team placed third in the Chapter Competition that was held on February 4th, 2017. This was extremely exciting for us because at first we were told that we didn’t place at all. After reviewing our team’s scores, we were later informed that we, in fact, placed third! Congratulations to our team members and coach (Emalee Elkins) for all of their hard work!
Pictured: MathCOUNTS Team with their trophies: (from left to right) Dallin Yauney, Aaron Hanson, Ashley Hill, and Haden Kunzler.
Our MathCOUNTs team will be competing in the State Competition on March 25th. Wish us luck!
We have THE BEST administration imaginable here at Albion! Here's a little bit of proof: As a result of achieving out Book Fair sales goal of $4,500, Mr. Jameson and Ms. Lloyd agreed to eat a collection of delicious...BUGS! As you can see, neither of them was anxious for seconds.